Niles North High School will present a Festival of One Act Plays on December 18 through 20 in the Drama Performance Center at 9800 North Lawler, Skokie. Showtimes are 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and each performance features a different rotation of plays. All plays are student-directed.
Wednesday, December 18 at 10 a.m.
– “Why the Sea Is Salty,” a Korean folktale. Directed by Joanna Vaklin. Cast: Ena Allahverdy, Joe Isip, Julia Melnick, Chris Nguyen.
– “The Moon Please,” by Diana Son. Directed by Sabina Dzelilovic. Cast: Joe Isip and Alex Monte.
– “Doggy Poo,” by Jung-Seang Kwon (translated from Korean by John O’Donnell). Directed by Nathan Selinger. Cast: Eric Simon, Uche Nwansi, Kayla Chinitz, Anaje Silva, Geoffrey Schmelzer, Mikki Stotter.
– “R.A.W. (‘Cause I’m a Woman),” by Diana Son. Directed by Teresa Franks. Cast: Gabrielle Dizon, Nina Rickett-Green, Carissa Yau, Kati Yau.
Wednesday, December 18 at 4 p.m. and Thursday, December 19 at 7 p.m.
– “Sure Thing,” by David Ives. Directed by Lauryn Schmelzer. Cast: Dani Brown, Morgan Conneely, Chris Nguyen.
– “Blue Skies,” by Marvin L. Cotlar. Directed by Samuel Rosenfeld. Cast: Natalie Aleman and Hannah Doherty.
– “Loyalties,” by Murphy Guyer. Directed by Robin Wallace. Cast: Casey Behrens, Andrey Poloz, Margaret Selinger, Spencer Soglin.
– “Glory in the Flower,” by William Inge. Directed by Jaquelyn Shannon. Cast: Humza Abbasi, Sean Luo, Sara Morrison, Andrey Poloz, Leah Shain, Emma Vaughan, Glenn Weissman.
– “Family 2.0,” by Walter Wykes. Directed by Ryan Loach. Cast: Aaron Niederman, Kyra Sarris, Nathaniel Schetter, Violette Shearer, Spencer Soglin.
Wednesday, December 18 at 7 p.m. and Friday, December 20 at 4 p.m.
– “Why the Sea is Salty”
– “The Moon Please”
– “Doggy Poo”
– “R.A.W. (‘Cause I’m a Woman)”
– “Snows of Kiliminjaro,” adapted from the short story by Ernest Hemingway. Directed by Amy Hagedorn. Cast: Heeah Banerjee, Jacob Bernstein, Nina Codell, Geoffrey Schmelzer.
Thursday, December 19 at 4 p.m. and Friday, December 20 at 7 p.m.
– “Tainted Love,” by Walter Wykes. Directed by Hannah Sahyouni. Cast: Hannah Brown, Phil Klafta, Martin Wiviott.
– “Hello, Out There,” by William Saroyan. Directed by Noah ZEidman. Cast: Molly Bowes, Jessica Fucik, Raiq Hussain, Tommy Montgomery.
– “Emotional Baggage,” by Nina Sheingold. Directed by Camille Paskind. Cast: Sally Alvarado, Katie Bean, Zain Dababneh, Simon Gebremedhin, Miriam Moss, Martin Wiviott.
– “Armed Robbery for Dummies,” by Paul R. Roman. Directed by Evan Sturt. Cast: David Gilbert, Sean Lou, Josh Sahadeo, Stacy Herman.
– “Intermission,” by Daniel Meltzer. Directed by Madeline Martin. Cast: Jacob Bernstein, Abby Bettenhausen, Ingeborg Halseth, Raiq Hussain, Martina Scofano, Elizabeth Soglin.
– “Postcards,” by James Prideaux. Directed by Erin Rourke. Cast: Rachel Kaufman, Nathaniel Schetter.